The Swadeshi movement started with the partition of Bengal by the Viceroy of India, Lord Curzon, 1905 and continued up to 1911. It was the most successful of the pre-Gandhian movements. Its chief architects were Aurobindo Ghosh, Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Bipin Chandra Pal and Lala Lajpat Rai. Swadeshi, as a strategy, was a key focus of Mahatma Gandhi, who described it as the soul of Swaraj (self rule). Gandhi, at the time of the actual movement, remained loyal to the British Crown.
Today though the East India Company no longer exists in India, there are several foreign companies which are carrying on trade in India. After the liberalization and globalization policies of India, various foreign companies came to India to make money and in the process destroyed the domestic industries and suppliers to monopolize the market. Now these companies are making crores of rupees and sending the money back to their parent concerns or their home countries in forms of royalties or profits.
Thus the time has arrived to restart the Swadeshi and Boycott movements to protect India from these companies which are trying to weaken India’s economy.
What is meaning of Bar Code
In these days many people are getting lots of post of Swadeshi Apnao in many social networking sites and they are writing that purchase the goods that have 890 in start of bar code. But do you know this is completely wrong. Many people are sharing these posts without knowing the thing what 890 means in bar code and suggesting everyone to purchase Indian company goods by seeing bar code 890.
Do you know what 890 means in bar code? 890 means that the product is made in India, It does not mean that product is made by Indian company. Any product that is made in India either by Indian company or foreign company its bar code starts with 890. So if you think that you are purchasing a swadeshi product by seeing bar code 890 then you are wrong. Bar code starting digits shows where that product is made. If a foreign company manufacturing their product in India then they have 890 in start of bar code, like in India Colgate, Lux, Pamolive, Pepsodent have bar code start with 890 but they are foreign company. And if any Indian company manufacture their product in other country then their bar code show that country code, like Micromax, Spice mobile are Indian company but if they manufacture in china then it will show that country code.
Then how can anyone know which is swadeshi product and which is not? For this you should know which company is Indian and which is not. Here are some details of Indian and foreign companies.
List of Indian and Foreign Companies
- COLD DRINK
- Foreign- Coca Cola(Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Thumbsup, Limca, Goldpat), Pepsi(Lehar, 7up, Mirinda, Slice)
- Swadeshi- Rose Drink(Sherbat), Badam Drink, Milk, Lassi, Curd, yoghurt, Chaach, Juice, Lemonade(Nimbu Paani), Coconut Water(Naariyal Paani), Shakes, Jaljeera, Thandai, Roohafza (Hamdard), Rasna, Frooti, Godrej Jumpin, etc
- Foreign- Lipton(Tiger, Green Label, Yellow Label, Cheers), BrookBond(Red Label, Taj Mahal), Godfrey Philips, Polsan, Goodrick, Sunrise, Nestle, Nescafe
- Swadeshi- Divya Peya(Patanjali), Tata, Brahmaputra, Aasam, Girnaar, Indian Cafe, M.R.
- CHILD FOOD
- Foreign- Nestle(Lactogen, Cerelac, Nestam, L.P.F, Milkmaid, Eaveryday, Galtco), GlaksoSmithCline(Farex)
- Swadeshi- Honey, Boiled rice, Fruit Juice. Amul, Sagar, Tapan, Milk Care, etc.
- Foreign- Walls, Quality, Cadbury, Dolps, Baskin & Robins.
- Swadeshi- Homemade icecream/coolfi, Amul, Vadilal, Milk food, etc.
- Foreign- Annapurna, Captain Cook(HUL- Hindustan Unilever), Kisan(Brookbond), Pilsbury.
- Swadeshi- Ankur, Saindha namak(Patanjali), Low Sodium & Iron-45 Ankur, Tata, Surya, Taja, Tara.
- Foreign- Uncle chips, Pepsi(Ruffle, Hastes), FunMunch, etc
- Swadeshi- Bikano Namkeen, Haldiram, Homemade chips, Bikaji, AOne, etc
- KETCHUP AND JAM
- Foreign- Nestle, BrookBond (Kisaan), Brown and Palson
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Fruit jam, Apple jam, Mix jam), Homemade sauce/ketchup, Indana, Priya, Rasna.
- Foreign- Cadbury(Bournvita, 5Star), Lipton, Horlicks, Nutrine, Eclairs.
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Amla Candy, Bel Candy, Aarogya biscuit), Parle, Indana, Amul, Ravalgaon, Bakemens, Creamica, Shagrila.
- Foreign- Aquafina, Kinley, Beiley, Pure life, Ivian.
- Swadeshi- Home-boiled pure water, Ganga, Himalaya, Rail neer, Bisleri.
- Foreign- Boost, Polson, Bournvita, Horlicks, Complan, Spurt, Proteinex.
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Badam Pak, Chyawanprash, Amrit Rasayan, Nutramul)
- Foreign- Nestle, Hindustan Uniliver(HUL)
- Swadeshi- Param Ghee, Amul, Handmade cow ghee, Patanjali(Sarso ka tel).
- Foreign- Most toothpastes are made from Animal bone powder. Colgate, Hindustan Uniliver(HUL)(Closeup, Pepsodent, Cibaca), Aquafresh, Amway, Quantum, Oral-B, Forhans.
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Dant Kanti, Dant Manjan), Vico Bajradanti, MDH, Baidyanath, Gurukul Pharmacy, Choice, Neem, Anchor, Meswak, Babool, Promise, Dabur.
- Foreign- Colgate, Closeup, Pepsodent, Oral-B, Aquafresh, Cibaca
- Swadeshi- Ajay, Promise, Ajanta, Royal, Classic, Dr. Strock, Monate.
- Foreign- Hindustan Unilever(HUL)(Lux, Liril, Lifebuoy, Denim, Dove, Revlon, Pears, Rexona, Bridge, Hamam, Okay), Ponds, Detol, Clearsil, Palmolive, Amway, Johnson Baby,
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Kayakanti, Kayakanti Aloevera), Nirma, Medimix, Neem, Nima, Jasmine, Mysore Sandal, Kutir, Sahara, Himani Glyscerene, Godrej(Cinthol, Fairglo, Shikakayi, Ganga), Wipro, Santoor.
- Foreign- Colgate, Palmolive, HUL(Lux, Clinic, Sunsilk, Revlon, Lakme), Proctar & Gamble(Pantent, Medicare), Ponds, Old Spice, Shower to Shower, Head & Shoulders, Johnson Baby, Vivel.
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(Kesh Kanti), Wipro, Park Avenue, Swatik, Ayur Herbal, Kesh Nikhar, Hair & Care, Arnica, Velvet, Dabur Vatika, Bajaj, Nyle, Lavender, Godrej.
- Foreign- HUL(Surf, Rin, Sunlight, Wheel, Okay, Vim), Arial, Check, Henko, Quantum, Amway, Rivil, Woolwash, Robin Blue, Tinapal, Skylark
- Swadeshi- Tata Shudh, Nima, Care, Sahara, Swastik, Vimal, Hipolin, Fena, Sasa, TSeries, Dr. Det, Ghadi, Genteel, Ujala, Ranipal, Nirma, Chamko, Dip
- Foreign- Old Spice, Palmolive, Ponds, Gillete, Denim.
- Swadeshi- Park Avenue, Premium, Emami, Balsara, Godrej, Nivea.
- Foreign- Gillete, 70clock, Wilman, Wiltage.
- Swadeshi- Topaz, Gallant, Supermax, Laser, Esquire, Silver Prince, Premium.
- Foreign- HUL(Fair & Lovely, Lakme, Liril, Denim, Revelon), Proctar & Gamble(Clearsil, Cleartone), Ponds, Old Spice, Detol, Charli, Johnson Baby.
- Swadeshi- Patanjali(KayaKanti, KayaKanti Aloevera, Kantilep) Neem, Borosil, Ayur Emami, Vico, Boroplus, Boroline, Himani Gold, Nyle, Lavender, Hair & Care, Heavens, Cinthol, Glory, Velvet(Baby).
- Foreign- Rangler, Nike, Duke, Adidas, Newport, Puma, Reebok
- Swadeshi- Cambridge, Park Avenue, Bombay Dyeing, Ruf & Tuf, Trigger Jeans, Lakhani, Shreelathers, Khadim, khadi, Action
- Foreign- Baume&Mercier, Bvigari, Chopard, Dior, FranckMuller, Gizard-Perregaux, Hublot, JaquetDroz, LeonHatot, Liadro, Longines, MontBlanc, Mocado, Piaget, Rado, Raymond Weil, Swarovski, TagHeuer, Ulysse Nardin, Vertu, Swatch, Rolex, Swissco, Seeko
- Swadeshi- Titan, HMT, Maxima, Prestige, Ajanta, Fasttrack.
- Foreign- Parker, Nickleson, Rotomac, Swissair, Add Gel, Ryder, Mitsubishi, Flair, Uniball, Pilot, Rolgold.
- Swadeshi- Camel, Kingson, Sharp, Cello, Natraj, Ambassador, Linc, Montex, Steek, Sangita, Luxor.
- Foreign- Samsung, LG, Sony, Hitachi, Haier.
- Swadeshi- Voltas, Videocon, BPL, Onida, Orpat, Oscar, Salora, ET&T, T-series, Nelco, Weston, Uptron, Keltron, Cosmic, TVS, Godrej, Brown, Bajaj, Usha, Polar, Anchor, Surya, Oriont, Cinni, Tullu, Crompton, Loyds, Blue Star, Voltas, Cool home, Khaitan, Everready, Geep, Novino, Nirlep, Elite, Jayco, Titan, Ajanta, HMT, Maxima, Alwin watch, Ghari, Bengal, Maysoor, Hawkins, Prestige pressure cooker and products of small scale and cottage industries.
- COMPUTER & TABLETS
- Foreign- HP, Compaq, Dell, Microsoft, IPAD, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, LG
- Swadeshi- Amar PC, Chirag, HCL, MICROMAX, SPICE, Reliance, Carbonn
- ONLINE SHOPPING
- Foreign- ebay, jabong, Amazon, expedia.
- Swadeshi- Flipkart, IndiaPlaza, YeBhi, Myntra,Naaptol, SnapDeal, HomeShop18, bookmyShow, makemytrip, yatra, via, ibibo, cleartrip.
- Foreign- Hyundai, Chevrolet, Ford , Nissan
- Swadeshi- TATA, Mahindra, Hindustan Motors
Note: We have take precaution in publishing the companies as Indian and foreign, but we are not responsible for any error/mistakes. Kindly check it with respective companies also.